Boiled Egg Burrito
Hard-cooked eggs make this breakfast burrito a hit! You can also slice this up into 2-inch bites and serve as a tasty appetizer.
Make This Recipe
- 5 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs
- 7 tortillas (your choice of white or whole wheat)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup diced tomato (no juices)
- 1/4 cup sweet pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup turkey or chicken sausage, diced
- 4 slices American cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Hard-cook eggs; when cooled, peel and dice; set aside in small bowl.
- In a small skillet, cook sausage, approximately 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a medium-size skillet over low heat; increase to medium heat and cook onions and peppers for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and stir to allow any liquid that may be remaining to evaporate.
- Turn off heat and add sausage to vegetable mixture; stir and set aside.
- Take one slice of American cheese and cut into 4 strips
- Place 2 strips of the cheese in the center of a burrito shell, and heat on a microwave-safe dish for 20 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and top cheese with 2 tablespoons of eggs, 2 tablespoons of the sausage mixture and a sprinkle of cheddar cheese.
- Fold burrito and heat in the microwave for an additional 15 seconds before serving.
- Repeat the above steps for the remaining burritos.
Notes and Suggestions
To cut on prep time, use Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked and Peeled eggs.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 Serving|