Skip to Main Content
Eggland’s Best Announces “America’s Best Family Recipe” Contest 2020
This nacho feast is a dish the entire family will love for any meal of the day!
Make This Recipe
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 2 tablespoons Land O Lakes® Butter
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs (large), well beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6- to 6 1/2- ounces restaurant-style tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium (1 cup) tomato, seeded, chopped
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, thinly sliced
- Sour cream and/or Salsa, if desired
Heat oven to 350ºF. Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
Cook sausage in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 5-7 minutes or until cooked through and broken into crumbles.
Transfer to bowl, using slotted spoon. Cover; keep warm. Wipe out skillet.
Melt butter in same skillet until sizzling. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute.
Add beaten eggs and pepper; cook over medium heat, lifting egg mixture slightly with spatula to allow uncooked portion to flow underneath, 3-4 minutes or until eggs are almost set.
Spread half of chips in thin layer in bottom of prepared pan.
Top chips with half of sausage and 1 cup cheese.
Repeat with remaining chips, sausage, scrambled eggs, tomato and remaining cheese. Sprinkle with jalapeño slices.
Bake 6-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately with sour cream and salsa, if desired.
Information per Serving