Butter Pecan Cookies
A warm and buttery sweet addition to your table.
Make This Recipe
1 ½ heaping cups pecan halves
1 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled at least 10 minutes*
1 large Eggland's Best egg + 1 egg yolk room temperature preferred
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ¼ cup dark brown sugar tightly packed
½ cup sugar (100g)
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon cornstarch
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
¾ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with a Silpat mat or parchment paper.
- Spread pecan halves evenly over the cookie sheet and add some thinly sliced pats of butter on top.
- Place in the oven and bake on 350F for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove pecans from the oven (leave your oven on) and set to the side to cool.
- Once cooled slightly, carefully chop pecans in smaller pieces, then set aside while you make the cookie dough.
- In a large bowl, combine melted and cooled butter and both sugars. Stir well.
- Add in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and stir until combined.
- In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cornstarch.
- Slowly add flour mixture to wet ingredients, mixing until completely combined and a dough has formed.
- Fold in the chopped pecans and stir well.
- Line cookie sheets with Silpat mat or parchment paper and drop cookie dough by large 1½ tablespoons onto the prepared cookie sheet, spacing at least 2" apart.
- Place in a preheated 350F oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and carefully press a pecan half on the top of each cookie, if desired.
- Allow to cool completely on a baking sheet before eating
Tip - do not use HOT butter this will cause the sugars to melt resulting in cookies that overspread. Use WARM butter only.
Tip - to keep cookies soft and chewy, do not overbake. Cookies should still look soft/slightly under-done in the centers once you remove them from the oven. They will continue to cook as they cool on the baking sheets.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More