Buttery Grits with Roasted Asparagus and Fried Egg
The perfect dish for one, recreate this recipe for tomorrow's breakfast!
Make This Recipe
- 1 large, Eggland’s Best egg
- ¼ cup grits
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 15 asparagus stalks
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay asparagus stalks across baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper.
- While oven is pre-heating, prepare the grits. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add water, grits, butter, 1 tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper.
- Continue to stir slowly.
- Place asparagus in the oven.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes, check after 10 minutes. For added flavor, squeeze lemon juice on top after roasting.
- When grits are thick, turn off heat and cover pot.
- When asparagus are cooked, remove from oven and set aside.
- In a small nonstick (or greased) saute pan over medium heat, break EB egg into pan slowly.
- Cook on medium heat until membrane is white and no longer transparent.
- Place grits in a bowl, topped with asparagus, then place egg atop asparagus.
- Serve drizzled with more olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|