Skip to Main Content
EB Baking Essentials: What to Bake for Christmas 2019
French toast gets rolled up with classic cannoli flavors in this unique brunch recipe.
Make This Recipe
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 16 slices home-style white bread, crusts removed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs (large)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Land O Lakes® Butter
- Garnish with powdered sugar
Combine all filling ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
Flatten bread slices with rolling pin and spread 1 tablespoon filling over each bread slice, to 1/2 inch from sides and to 1 inch at top.
Roll up bread slices, starting from bottom.
Place milk, eggs and cinnamon in shallow bowl and whisk until combined.
Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat until sizzling.
Dip 4 bread rolls into egg mixture, then place in skillet.
Cook, turning occasionally, for 3 minutes or until lightly browned on all sides.
Repeat with remaining butter and bread rolls; wiping out skillet between batches.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired, and enjoy!
Information per Serving