A perfect dessert with tea or coffee, this carrot cake is a great treat for the end of the day!
Make This Recipe
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs, large
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 pound carrots, shredded or grated
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
- Cream Cheese frosting or Confectioner's Sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease and flour (or spray with cooking spray) a 13x9 cake pan.
- Shred or grate carrots. If using pre-shredded carrots, empty into small bowl and set aside. If you are not, use a food processor or hand-grate 1 pound of carrots and set aside.
- Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda in a medium-size bowl. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer (or a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment), mix eggs and oil together until well blended.
- Slowly add dry ingredients, mixing well. Add carrots and chopped nuts and mix well.
- Pour into cake pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Serve plain or top with cream cheese frosting or confectioner's sugar if desired.
Notes and Suggestions
If you are sensitive to nuts, or have nut allergies, you may omit them from this recipe.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 Serving|