Cheese & Vegetable Frittata with Fruit Salad
This Mediterranean recipe is a versatile, flavorful and heart-healthy meal for any time of day.
Make This Recipe
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs (large)
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium onion, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup spinach, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup red or green pepper, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1/3 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- cooking spray
- 2 oranges, peeled and cut into 6-8 pieces
- 1 cup grapes
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced in halves or quarters
- 1 cup mixed berries
- 2 teaspoons balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mint or basil leaves
For the Cheese & Vegetable Frittata
Preheat oven to broil setting.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs together until foamy, stir in the whole wheat flour, black pepper, and baking powder.
Using a heavy skillet with an ovenproof handle, coat the skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium.
Add the onion and cook until it starts to get soft, then add the spinach, bell pepper and mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
Add the garlic and basil and cook for 1 minute. Stir to avoid burning these.
Add the egg mixture into the pan and stir to mix the vegetables with the eggs.
Cook for 5-6 minutes or until the egg mixture has set on the bottom and begins to set on top.
Add the shredded cheese and using the back of the spoon, push lightly under the eggs, so it won’t burn in the oven.
Place pan into the oven and broil for 3-4 minutes until golden and fluffy.
Remove from pan, cut into 6 servings and serve.
For the Fruit Salad
In a large bowl combine all fruit salad ingredients.
In a small covered jar shake the vinegar or juice with the olive oil to mix.
Add dressing to the fruit and toss to coat. If using frozen fruit toss very gently to avoid breaking them up too much.
Garnish with the fresh herbs, if available and serve with the frittata.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|