Chinese Cauliflower Fried Rice Casserole
Chinese Cauliflower fried rice casserole is a meal prep recipe that is perfect for low carb eaters. It’s freezer friendly, easy to make, and of course it’s delicious!
Make This Recipe
6 large Eggland’s Best cage-free or organic eggs (2 in stir fry and 4 on top, soft baked)
Sesame oil for the pan
Optional 5 ounces diced meat (pork or chicken)
1 Tbsp grated ginger
1 small shallot, chopped
2 tsp garlic, minced
1 lb stir fry vegetables
a handful of mung bean sprouts, optional
1/4 cup gluten-free Szechuan sauce or other gluten-free Chinese/Asian sauce of choice
3 cups cauliflower rice or broccoli rice (*about 1 small to medium head of cauliflower)
2 Tbsp beef broth (you can skip if your veggies are less starchy. The broth just gives the casserole more flavor.)
chopped scallion and cilantro to top
sesame seeds and red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add 1-2 Tbsp sesame oil to a wok or large pan and heat to medium-high. If you are wanting to add meat, do so here. Simply stir fry until browned and mostly cooked (in sesame oil), then remove meat and set aside. If you are making the vegetarian option, skip the browning and go straight to adding your shallot, ginger, and garlic to the wok/pan and stir fry ingredients until fragrant – about 2 minutes.
- Next, add all of your stir fry veggies and sauce. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes again until well coated.
- Mix in your cauliflower rice, broth, and 2 eggs. The 2 eggs can be added to the stir fry whole or whisked then added. Either work!
- Stir fry for an additional 3-4 minutes to create fried cauliflower rice. All in all, stir-frying should not take longer than 10 minutes.
- Transfer wok/pan ingredients to an 8 x 11 casserole dish or baking dish.
- Crack 4 eggs on top of the casserole, spacing them out evenly. Cover with foil, and place in the oven at 350F for 15-20 minutes or until eggs are set. For runny eggs, remove casserole from oven after 12-15 minutes of baking and slice the yolk in the middle to create a runny egg.
- Return casserole to the oven for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Cool before freezing, or serve immediately.
- Garnish with green onion, cilantro, sesame seeds, and optional red pepper flakes.
This recipe is freezer friendly for up to 3 months.
To reheat from frozen, simply thaw overnight and reheat in the oven, or reheat in the oven, covered in foil until warm.
View the Original Recipe Here
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|