Chocolate Cherry Loaf Cake
Rich chocolate loaf cake with a sweet cherry swirl. A delicious recipe made with natural ingredients that's easy to make and perfect for sharing.
Make This Recipe
1 1/2 cups All-Purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 Eggland's Best Eggs, large (room temperature)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract
3/4 cup sour cream (room temperature)
1 1/4 cups frozen cherries, thawed, juices drained
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease or line a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Combine thawed cherries with 2 tablespoons of the sugar in a food processor or blender. Process until cherries form a smooth puree. Set puree aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment (or in large bowl with a hand mixer), combine the remaining sugar with the vegetable oil until incorporated.
- On low speed, add in Eggland's Best eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape sides of bowl as needed.
- Stir in the vanilla and almond extracts.
- Add in half of the flour mixture and beat until just incorporated.
- Beat in all of the sour cream and scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add in the remaining flour mixture until just combined.
- Pour half of the batter into the loaf pan. Spoon half of the cherry puree onto the batter and swirl gently with a knife. Repeat with remaining batter and puree, swirling to distribute evenly on top.
- Bake on 350*F for 60-70 minutes, until tester comes out clean, middle is set, and top springs back when touched.
- Let cake cool in pan for 15 minutes then turn out onto a cooling rack and let cool completely before serving. Decorate with powdered sugar and fresh cherries, if desired.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More