Chocolate Stuffed Cinnamon Sugar French Toast Hearts
Chocolate stuffed cinnamon sugar French toast hearts are the perfect Valentine’s Day breakfast! They’re coated with crunchy cinnamon sugar and filled with a sweet, gooey chocolate spread.
Make This Recipe
For the French Toast
8 slices bread (regular or gluten free)
1/2 cup milk (regular or dairy free)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 Eggland's Best Large Eggs
For the Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
2 TBSP coconut sugar (or granulated monk fruit)
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
For the Homemade Chocolate Spread
1/4 cup chocolate chips (regular or dairy free)
2 TBSP nut butter of choice (I recommend almond, cashew or hazelnut)
- In a large bowl whisk together 1/2 cup milk, 2 eggs, and 1 tsp vanilla. Set aside.
- Grab 8 slices of bread and cut out 2 identical hearts on each slice using a heart shaped cookie cutter.
- To make homemade chocolate spread/nutella, simply melt 1/4 cup chocolate chips in the microwave. Once melted, stir in 2 TBS nut butter of choice (I recommend almond or cashew butter). To make it taste like nutella, use hazelnut butter. Spread a spoonful of chocolate spread on half of the bread hearts then place the remaining bread hearts on top to create 8 heart shaped sandwiches.
- Dip each sandwich into the egg/milk mixture and then place on a heated griddle or skillet (make sure to grease the griddle/skillet well beforehand).
- Cook the French toast sandwiches over medium-low heat for several minutes on each side, until crispy and golden brown. I flattened mine with a spatula while they were cooking so they would cook through.
- While the French toast cooks, combine 2 TBS coconut sugar and 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon in a medium sized bowl.
- Once cooked, remove the French toast hearts from the griddle/skillet and coat each one in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Plate and serve! I like to dip or drizzle the french toast hearts with warm maple syrup or melted dark chocolate.
Can be made gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free and sugar free! Use gluten free bread to make it gluten free, dairy free milk and dairy free chocolate chips to make it dairy free, and sugar free chocolate and monk flirt to keep it sugar free!
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 slice|