Chorizo-Jack Tacos with Avocado-Tomato Salsa
These tacos make a breakfast that will excited the whole family!
Make This Recipe
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 avocado, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs (large)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cured chorizo sausage (about 1½ ounces), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Colby-Jack cheese blend
- 4 corn tortillas
Combine the tomato, avocado, onion, cilantro, lime juice and 1/8 teaspoon of the salt in a bowl.
Whisk together the eggs, 2 tablespoons water, remaining 1/8 teaspoon of salt and pepper in a bowl.
Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes. Pour in the egg mixture and cook, stirring gently, until the eggs are soft set, 1½-2 minutes. Sprinkle the cheese over the eggs and remove the skillet from the heat.
Heat the tortillas according to package directions. Divide the egg mixture among the 4 tortillas then top each with the avocado-tomato salsa.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||2 Tacos|