Colorful Shrimp Pad Thai
Fresh cooked veggies and shrimp with a bit of a kick!
Make This Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked thick rice noodles
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or additional reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Thai chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 3 cups fresh snow peas
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs (large), lightly beaten
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, chili sauce, oil and pepper flakes until blended; set aside.
In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in 2 teaspoons oil until shrimp turn pink; remove and keep warm. Stir-fry snow peas and carrots in remaining oil for 1-2 minutes. Add garlic, cook 1 minute longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add eggs; cook and stir until set.
Drain noodles; add to vegetable mixture. Stir vinegar mixture and add to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Add shrimp, bean sprouts and green onions; heat through. Sprinkle with cilantro and peanuts.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 Cup|