Cream Cheese Flan
Baking is one of my favorite things to do during the holidays. Therefore, I am usually the designated dessert person at every family holiday dinner. I have a couple of crowd favorites, but my easy to make, Cream Cheese flan takes the cake! My secret is using excellent quality ingredients, such as Eggland's Best eggs!
Make This Recipe
1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
1 12 oz can of evaporated milk
1 14 oz can of condensed milk
1 bar of 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
1 cup of sugar
- Start by pre-heating the oven to 350F.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, cook 1 cup of sugar, continually stirring, not to burn, until the sugar is completely melted and golden. (Once golden, remove off the heat immediately as it will continue to cook) The sugar will get clumpy, but it will eventually melt.
- Pour into an ungreased, baking dish. We recommend using an 8-inch cake pan, but you can use any oven-safe pan. Tilt the dish to coat the bottom and sides with the caramelized sugar, then set aside.
- In a blender, combine the rest of my ingredients, Eggland's Best eggs, vanilla extract, evaporated milk, condensed milk, and room temperature bar of cream cheese, and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour into your baking dish with the caramelized sugar. Place the baking dish into a larger baking pan and add an inch of boiling water. This method is called a bain-marie, a French word for a water bath. The bain-marie helps keep the baking temperature even.
- Bake for 60 minutes at 350F or until the center looks set. Let the flan cool. We recommend refrigerating for a couple of hours to allow the flan to set.
Make the day before and let it sit overnight!
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More