Creepy Crawling Spider Deviled Eggs
Turn this cult favorite spooky for Halloween!
Make This Recipe
6 drops blue food coloring
2 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
1/2 tsp. dijon mustard
24 Black Olives
Salt & pepper to taste
- Mix together water and blue food coloring in a large bowl and set aside.
- Lightly tap the eggs with a spoon to crack the shell. Do not remove the shell.
- Place the unpeeled, cracked eggs in the water and food coloring mixture and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until completely cold.
- Remove the eggs from the refrigerator, peel carefully, and cut eggs in half lengthwise.
- With a spoon, gently scoop out the egg yolks and transfer to a bowl.
- Place the whites aside, while you prepare the yolks.
- Take the bowl with the yolks, and mix in the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper. Mash the mixture together until it is smooth and thoroughly mixed.
- Using a piping bag, or a plastic bag (with the corner cut off), pipe the yolk mixture into the egg whites.
- Note add the spiders! Cut each olive in half, and place 1 half on each filled egg, this is the "spider body". Taking the leftover halves, cut each half into 4 strips, then cut each strip in half. You will end up with 8 thinly slices olive pieces for the spider's legs. Arrange the legs on each side of the spider's body.
OPTIONAL: Dust with paprika for an added kick!
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More