Dungeness Crab Frittata
Dungeness crab has long been part of the Northwest seafood heritage. This frittata is the perfect meal for breakfast or to serve for dinner with a salad
Make This Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 8 Eggland’s Best eggs (large)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 10 ounces Dungeness crab meat, picked and cleaned
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced preserved lemon
- 6 tablespoons sour cream 6 teaspoon salmon roe
- 6 teaspoon salmon roe
Preheat oven to 400F.
Heat oil in a 10-12 inch oven-proof skillet over medium heat, add the shallots. Saute, stirring occasionally, until shallot is golden brown, about 4 minutes.
Whisk eggs and cream together in a large bowl.
Combine with Dungeness crab and herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
Add butter to skillet. Pour egg mixture into the skillet.
Place in the preheated oven and bake 8 minutes.
Sprinkle minced preserved lemon on top of the frittata and bake additional 6-8 minutes or until set and golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes.
Cut into six wedges, top with sour cream and salmon roe.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Saturated Fat||6 g|