Egg-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
No need to toss the extra sweet potato meat! Save and pair with an omelet later!
Make This Recipe
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 large, Eggland’s Best eggs
- 2 strips turkey bacon
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and scrub your sweet potatoes. Place on a baking sheet, pierce each potato a few times with a fork, and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.Place in the oven and roast for 45 minutes.
- When sweet potatoes are finished, slice them in half lengthwise and let them cool.
- Scoop a bit of ‘meat’ out from the sweet potatoes to make room for the filling.
- In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, place two strips of turkey bacon. Cook until bacon begins to brown and crisp up.
- Place a napkin on top of a small plate. When bacon is finished, place onto napkin to let grease soak out.
- Rinse the skillet and place back on the burner over medium heat.
- Place eggs in skillet and cook on medium-low for just a few minutes; ~3 minutes. Be sure not to overcook these eggs as they will continue cooking after removed from heat, and will be placed into the oven later on.
- Break eggs into four equal parts. Place each into the hollow parts of the sweet potatoes. Sprinkle each with salt and pepper.
- Break bacon apart with your hands into small pieces. Sprinkle over the eggs.
- Sprinkle cheese over top. Set your oven to broil on high. Place potatoes in the oven and broil for three minutes or until cheese is melted.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|