Eggnog Cheesecake with Honey Bourbon Praline Sauce
Rich, creamy, gooey and delicious. Try it out on the holidays with friends and family!
Make This Recipe
- 1 cup cookie crumbs (your choice: almond cookies, graham crackers)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 ounces (1-1/2, 8 ounce blocks) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, large), room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup eggnog, room temperature
- Honey Bourbon Praline Sauce
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon bourbon (dark rum or brandy works well too)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cookie crumbs, granulated sugar and melted butter in a medium size bowl. Blend ingredients together with a fork until it is combined.
- Spray the bottom of a 7" springform pan evenly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Press crumbs onto the bottom and about halfway up the sides of the pan.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake until set and golden brown around the edges, approximately 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- When crust is cooled, place the pan in the middle of a large piece of aluminum foil. Pull foil up the sides and press around the outside of the pan to make a waterproof shield for the pan. Place in a large roasting pan and set aside.
- Place cream cheese and granulated sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer or a medium-size bowl using a hand mixer. Mix until well blended and smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla extract, and slowly add the eggnog while beating at low speed. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat until the mixture is smooth and slightly thickened approximately 2 - 3 minutes.
- Pour filling into the cooled crust.
- Pour enough boiling water into the outer pan to come up halfway up the sides of the foil covered springform pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 40 - 50 minutes. You want to remove your cake when the cake is slightly "jiggly" in the center.
- Remove from the oven. Leave the cheesecake in the water bath and let set until they are both cooled to room temperature.
- After it has cooled, cover the pan and place in the refrigerator. Chill cake for at least four hours but preferably overnight. To serve, run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen edges. Remove outer band, loosen the cake from base and transfer to a serving plate. Serve with praline sauce.
Honey Bourbon Praline Sauce:
- Dry toast pecans in a skillet over medium high heat, stirring frequently until they are golden brown and aroma is released. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Melt butter in a shallow pan set over medium high heat.
- Add brown sugar, stirring constantly until it is melted and well blended with the butter.
- Stir in the honey, cream, bourbon and toasted pecans. Mix well. Cool to room temperature. Pour over chilled cheesecake.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 Slice|