Fluffy Cloud Eggs
Whip egg whites into a fluffy breakfast that will wow the whole family! Cloud eggs are a tasty (and beautiful) breakfast on their own, or you can serve them on top of toast.
Make This Recipe
Vegetable oil spray
4 large Eggland’s Best eggs
¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
Pinch table salt
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with vegetable oil spray.
- Spray 4 small bowls with vegetable oil spray. To separate egg whites from egg yolks, gently hit side of egg against flat surface of counter or cutting board. Pull shell apart into 2 pieces over bowl. Let yolk and white drop into bowl. Discard shell. Place each yolk in separate greased small bowl and place all whites in bowl of stand mixer (or large bowl if using handheld mixer).
- Add cream of tartar and salt to egg whites. If using stand mixer, lock bowl into place and attach whisk attachment to stand mixer. Start mixer on medium-low speed and whip mixture until foamy, about 1 minute. Increase speed to medium-high and whip until stiff peaks form, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Use rubber spatula to spoon whipped egg white mixture onto parchment-lined baking sheet in 4 even mounds. Use back of spoon to make small well in each mound. Carefully slide 1 egg yolk into well of each egg white mound. Spray aluminum foil with vegetable oil spray and place over baking sheet—do NOT crimp edges or cover tightly.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake until whites are firm and yolks are cooked to your preference: 12 to 14 minutes for slightly runny yolks, 15 to 17 minutes for soft but set yolks, or 18 to 20 minutes for set and firm yolks. (To check if your Cloud Eggs are done, use oven mitts to carefully lift foil and peek at eggs—ask an adult for help.)
- Use oven mitts to remove baking sheet from oven and place on cooling rack (ask an adult for help). Use spatula to transfer eggs to serving plates. Serve.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 egg|