Freezer Friendly Burritos
These burritos can be stored up 6 months in the freezer for those mornings when you're in a rush!
Make This Recipe
1 pound spicy ground sausage
1 (1 lb.) pack shredded hash browns
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
salt, pepper, garlic powder, to taste
1 pack (10) soft taco-sized tortillas
salsa and sour cream, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown and crumble sausage.
- Once cooked, set aside sausage to drain and cool on a paper towel-lined plate. Do not drain grease.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high on the same skillet and add the shredded potatoes.
- Season potatoes with salt, pepper and garlic powder (to taste).
- Ensure the potatoes cook in a single layer, making sure to press down the potatoes with a spatula.
- Flip after a few minutes and continue until potatoes are brown and crispy.
- You may need to add a tablespoon or two of oil to the skillet. Once browned, set aside the cooked potatoes on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Crack 8 eggs into a large mixing bowl. Add 1/4 cup water and whisk vigorously combined.
- Turn skillet down to medium-low. Pour in Eggland’s Best eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir and cook eggs slowly until thoroughly cooked. Set aside scrambled eggs into a bowl or on a plate.
- Take skillet off heat.
- Set up an assembly line of all the ingredients. Starting with the soft taco, add a layer of sausage, then a layer of shredded potatoes, scrambled eggs and finally finishing with cheddar cheese.
- Gather in the ends of the burrito and carefully roll up and place burrito seam side down.
- Continue with the additional nine burritos. Once completed, wrap each burrito with plastic wrap. Then place into a freezer-safe bag. Mark the outside of the bag with the contents and date.
- When ready to reheat, remove burrito from freezer bag, unwrap from plastic wrap then place on a microwave-safe plate.
- Reheat for about 1-2 minutes (until thoroughly warmed).
- Serve with salsa and sour cream (optional).
*Burritos may be frozen up to 6 months. This recipe may be doubled.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|