Back to school lunch: Make a frittata the night before, and pack it up between two slices of bread to make a frittata sandwich.
Make This Recipe
- 10 Eggland’s Best eggs (large)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ of an onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 5 ounces of spinach, kale, mustard greens, arugula, or broccoli rabe
- Other vegetables, optional
- 1 cup ground sausage, optional
- 6 cheese slices, cheddar, mozzarella, swiss or provolone, for example
- 12 slices of thick-cut bread or focaccia or brioche buns (may be toasted, if desired)
- ¼ cup pesto
- Tomatoes, sliced, optional
- Avocado, sliced, optional
- Arugula, optional
Preheat oven to 375F and line a 9x13 inch pan with parchment paper.
In a preheated saucepan, saute the onions, garlic, and greens. Feel free to add other vegetables or crumbled sausage in this step as well.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, and milk.
Once the sauteed vegetables have softened, whisk them into the eggs.
Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through and puffed.
Let cool for a few minutes and then cut into squares or circles to match the bread you are using.
Slather bread slices with pesto, top with a slice of frittata, cheese, tomato, avocado, and arugula if using.
Pack up and take with you on the go!
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 sandwich|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|