Skip to Main Content
Eggland’s Best Announces “America’s Best Family Recipe” Contest 2020
Back to school lunch: Make a frittata the night before, and pack it up between two slices of bread to make a frittata sandwich.
Make This Recipe
- 10 Eggland’s Best eggs (large)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ of an onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 5 ounces of spinach, kale, mustard greens, arugula, or broccoli rabe
- Other vegetables, optional
- 1 cup ground sausage, optional
- 6 cheese slices, cheddar, mozzarella, swiss or provolone, for example
- 12 slices of thick-cut bread or focaccia or brioche buns (may be toasted, if desired)
- ¼ cup pesto
- Tomatoes, sliced, optional
- Avocado, sliced, optional
- Arugula, optional
Preheat oven to 375F and line a 9x13 inch pan with parchment paper.
In a preheated saucepan, saute the onions, garlic, and greens. Feel free to add other vegetables or crumbled sausage in this step as well.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, and milk.
Once the sauteed vegetables have softened, whisk them into the eggs.
Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through and puffed.
Let cool for a few minutes and then cut into squares or circles to match the bread you are using.
Slather bread slices with pesto, top with a slice of frittata, cheese, tomato, avocado, and arugula if using.
Pack up and take with you on the go!
Information per Serving