Gluten-Free Brunch Skillet Cake
Serve this breakfast cake with vanilla yogurt, fresh berries, maple syrup or even whipped cream!
Make This Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter or vegetable oil
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 Eggland's Best eggs (large), separated
- 2/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- ½ cup whole milk yogurt
- 2 cups fresh or thawed blueberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 10” skillet with butter or vegetable oil.
- Separate eggs, saving yolks for later and whip egg whites until stiff.
- Combine all dry ingredients (almond flour, oats, baking soda, salt, cinnamon) in one bowl and whisk together wet ingredients (egg yolks, honey, yogurt) in another. Leave egg whites until later.
- Pour wet into dry ingredients and whisk until incorporated.
- Stir in blueberries, reserving a few blueberries to scatter on the top and thyme.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Top with a handful of blueberries.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden in color and toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve with maple syrup, vanilla yogurt or whipped cream.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 slice|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|