Skip to Main Content
EB Baking Essentials: What to Bake for Christmas 2019
Filled with veggies and flavors of the Mediterranean!
Make This Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 teasp00n kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cups baby spinach leaves, stems trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, halved
- 8 Eggland's Best Eggs (large)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 3/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat until melted.
Add red pepper, onion, one teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook until softened, about 5 minutes, stirring often.
Add spinach and garlic cloves and cook until wilted.
Add tomatoes and Kalamata olives and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Place the mixture evenly in the bottom of a 10-inch round baking dish (or similar size).
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, heavy cream, Dijon mustard, one teaspoon salt, half a teaspoon pepper and oregano leaves until well combined.
Pour the egg mixture over the vegetable mixture.
Bake for 45 minutes, until lightly browned and a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes. Serve.
Information per Serving