Gulf Coast Shrimp Pasta Pizzazz
Gulf Coast shrimp, fresh from the dock in Mississippi, sautéed in a decadent sauce that can only be made with the best ingredients: Eggland’s Best eggs and pecorino-romano cheese.
Make This Recipe
1 pound spaghetti
2 tablespoons + 1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 cups mixed mini bell peppers, chopped
1/2 cup shallots, diced
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 pound large Gulf Coast shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes or 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
3 large Eggland’s Best eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup fresh Pecorino-Romano cheese, grated
1/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup scallions white part only, chopped
1 lemon, zested
1 loaf French bread, sliced
- Bring one gallon of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook as per box directions.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Sauté bell peppers and shallots over medium heat until shallots are slightly brown. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Add in shrimp and sauté for 2 minutes, then add wine, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and parsley. Cook until shrimp turn pink and are thoroughly cooked. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, cheese, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Reserve one cup of hot pasta water. Drain pasta. Place pasta in a large bowl.
- Add peppers, shallots, and olive oil to coat pasta. If the pasta does not appear to be thoroughly coated, add small amounts of additional olive oil until pasta is thoroughly coated.
- Add egg mixture to pasta. Stir quickly until eggs are cooked and pasta is well coated. If needed, add hot pasta water in small amounts to thin out the sauce.
- Place pasta on individual plates. Top each with shrimp only. Reserve sauce.
- Sprinkle shrimp and pasta with scallions and lemon zest.
- Drizzle reserved sauce on French bread slices.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|