Healthy Conversation Heart Cookies
One of my favorite things about Valentine's Day that brings back so much nostalgia is reading all the writing on the conversation hearts! It just wasn't Valentine's Day without them! I thought this year it would be so fun to make these fun little hearts into bigger versions using a sugar cookie! I think this is such a fun family activity and everyone gets to be creative with whatever they want to write on their hearts. These cookies use minimal ingredients, are super easy and are made with almond and coconut flour making them gluten-free and grain-free with a dash of natural sweetness coming from the honey!
Make This Recipe
2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 Eggland's Best egg, large
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp coconut oil, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together flours, baking soda, and salt together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, vanilla, honey, and coconut oil then slowly add the dry ingredients (I recommend using your hands to knead the dough and bring it all together). Create a ball with your dough and wrap with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and sprinkle flour onto a surface and use a rolling pin to roll out dough to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Use a cookie cutter to make the cutouts and place on a baking tray, bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned on the outside.
- Let completely cool before icing.
- Choose the icing of your choice and decorate them however your heart desires!
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More