Healthy Spinach Bacon Quiche
This easy and healthy spinach bacon quiche recipe is a fresh take on a traditional breakfast favorite! Make this low-carb almond flour crust quiche for your next brunch and everyone will love it! Quiche is one of those brunch foods that really takes your breakfast to the next level. Everyone tends to think you spent hours in the kitchen slaving away- when, in reality, it’s really simple to make. For this healthy quiche, we used ingredients like spinach, turkey bacon, mozzarella cheese, onion, almond milk and of course, Eggland’s Best eggs to create a variety of delicious flavors. The saltiness from the bacon, the creaminess from the cheese, and the fluffiness from the eggs makes this quiche stand out above the rest.
Make This Recipe
2 cups Almond Flour
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/3 cup Olive Oil (or butter)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp Olive Oil
8 oz turkey bacon, diced small
1 small red onion, diced small
1 5oz bag fresh spinach, roughly chopped
1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
1 cup cheese, divided
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease 9-inch pie dish.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together all crust ingredients until ball forms.
- Press crust into pie dish evenly. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- While crust is baking, sauté onions and turkey bacon in olive oil on medium-high heat. Once cooked through, add in spinach until wilted. Turn off heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, 1/2 cup cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Add in turkey bacon mixture and pour into slightly cooled crust. It can still be warm, just not hot.
- Add the remaining cheese on top and bake for 35-40 minutes or until no longer jiggly. A knife inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Let cool 20 minutes before cutting into it.
- Store leftovers in the fridge, covered in foil.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More