Irish Egg Benedicts with White Cheddar Cheese Hollandaise Sauce
Let's give an Irish spin to the classic Egg Benedicts brunch, with a perfectly poached egg over shredded corned beef, drizzled with a creamy Hollandaise sauce flavored with Irish white cheddar cheese!
Make This Recipe
2 large Eggland's Best eggs
1 cup cooked corned beef, shredded
1 English muffin, sliced in half
Salt and pepper to taste
Freshly chopped Parsley, to garnish
White Cheddar Cheese Hollandaise sauce
1 Eggland's Best egg yolk
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon hot water
2 oz (half stick) unsalted butter, melted
3 tablespoons Irish white cheddar cheese, shredded
1 to 2 tablespoons milk, as needed
- Make the sauce: In a medium sauce pan whisk the egg yolk with lemon juice and water until light and fluffy. Gradually add the melted butter while whisking well. Cook over medium-low heat while whisking continuously, until warm and thickened.
- Add the shredded cheese.
- Cook and whisk until melted.
- If needed, add some milk a bit at a time while whisking until you reach the desired density. Taste for seasoning. Keep warm.
- Poach the eggs: Fill a large skeet or large pan with 2 to 3 inches of water. Bring to a slow boil, and add the vinegar and a bit of salt.
- Break each egg into a small glass bowl. Slip the eggs into the simmering water. Cover the pan and turn off the heat. Wait 4 minutes.
- Toast the English muffin. On half muffin, drizzle a tablespoon of the prepared sauce. Top with corned beef.
- Gently remove the eggs from the water using a slotted spoon. Dab on paper towel and place on top of the corned beef. Drizzle with more sauce. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and more freshly grounded pepper. Serve immediately!
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 Muffin|