Longanisa & Fried Egg Sandwich
Your traditional Filipino breakfast has now turned into a brunch sandwich that's a little healthier. It includes a sweet turkey longanisa patty, melted pepper jack cheese, topped with an Eggland's Best fried egg, sprinkled with green onions, and stuffed into a toasted garlic buttered pandesal bread.
Make This Recipe
1 lb. Lean Ground Turkey or any Lean Ground Meat
1 small whole Organic Garlic bulb (finely minced)
3 tbsp Organic Coconut Sugar
2 tbsp Organic Apple Cider Vinegar + 1 tbsp Water to dilute
1 tbsp Liquid Aminos or Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
1 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
1-2 tbsp Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
6 Pan De Sal Bread
6 tsp Unsalted Butter (divided per bread)
6 Pepper Jack Cheese Slices
6 Eggland's Best eggs, large
Coconut Oil Cooking spray
1 -2 stalks of Green onion (chopped)
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix all ingredients except the coconut oil. Divide into 6 small balls evenly and mold the mixture into flat patties.
- Place in freezer for 15 minutes to harden.
- While the patties are in the freezer, split the pad de sals in halves. Spread butter on each side. Sprinkle garlic. Toast the pan de sals in a toaster oven for 2 minutes. When patties have formed.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Fry both sides for about 4-5 minutes or until golden brown in color. You’ll notice the sugar starts to caramelize and become sticky in the pan. Add a splash of water to prevent the patties from being sticky. Set aside.
- Next, in a separate small frying pan, spray coconut oil spray on the pan over medium heat. Crack one egg in the middle. Fry egg sunny side up until the edges turn golden brown. Continue with the rest of the eggs and set aside.
- Grab a pair of the toasted pan de sal. Add the pepper jack cheese slice on the bottom half of the pan de sal and then add the longanisa patty.
- Place the fried egg on top and then the top of the pan de sal. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe Notes: Use gluten-free burger buns to replace pan de sal.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More