Skip to Main Content
American Heart Association Joins Forces with Eggland’s Best to Inspire Healthy at Home Cooking Read More
Add a delicious twist to your coffee cake with this delicious filling and icing!
Make This Recipe
1/3 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 Eggland’s Best eggs (large)
1 cup fat-free milk
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 cups all-purpose flour
2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons fat-free milk
1/4 teaspoon maple flavoring
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add eggs; mix well.
- Beat in milk and applesauce (mixture may appear curdled).
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to butter mixture just until moistened.
- Spread half of the batter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Combine filling ingredients; sprinkle half of filling over the batter.
- Gently top with remaining batter and filling.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Combine icing ingredients until smooth; drizzle over coffee cake and enjoy!
Information per Serving