Maple Makeover Coffee Cake
Add a delicious twist to your coffee cake with this delicious filling and icing!
Make This Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 Eggland’s Best eggs (large)
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon maple flavoring
In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add eggs; mix well.
Beat in milk and applesauce (mixture may appear curdled).
Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to butter mixture just until moistened.
Spread half of the batter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
Combine filling ingredients; sprinkle half of filling over the batter.
Gently top with remaining batter and filling.
Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Combine icing ingredients until smooth; drizzle over coffee cake and enjoy!
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|