Orange Cream 1-2-3 Dessert Cups
This recipe is an adaption of a dessert my mother and sister used to make and was called coffee souffle. It is totally not a souffle. My kids didn't like the coffee version so I tried orange. It was instantly approved. Eggland's Best eggs are the most nutritious and tasty there are. That is why I use them. They are also Gluten-free.
Make This Recipe
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin,(2 envelopes)
3 Eggland's Best eggs, large
1 cup light cream
2 cups pulp-free orange juice
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon orange extract
5 drops red food coloring
4 drops yellow food coloring
- In a small bowl soak gelatin in milk for 5 minutes.
- Separate Eggland’s Best eggs, putting whites in a medium bowl and yolks in a large heavy saucepan.
- Beat egg yolks, whisk in cream, orange juice, sugar, salt and gelatin soaked in milk.
- Cook over medium-high heat until the mixture reaches 160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla extract, orange extract and food coloring, Set aside and beat egg whites until stiff. Fold egg whites into custard mixture until incorporated. Cool for 5 minutes and then ladle into six 7-ounce dessert glasses.
- Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours. This dessert separates into 3 layers as it sets.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More