Double Chocolate Paleo Banana Bread
This recipe for Double Chocolate Paleo Banana Bread tastes decadent and rich, but is completely gluten free, grain free, dairy free, and refined sugar free.
Make This Recipe
- 6 very ripe bananas, peeled
- 3 large, Eggland’s Best eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/4 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder or good quality cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 ounces dark chocolate (70% or higher), roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard 9-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, then spray the paper with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add bananas to a large bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher until smooth. Add the Egglands Best eggs, vanilla, and coconut oil, then whisk to combine.
- Add the almond meal, coconut flour, cacao powder, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix until thoroughly combined, then fold in the dark chocolate.
- Transfer batter to the prepared loaf pan and smooth out the top. Bake for approximately 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool, then slice and serve. Leftovers may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Notes - Be sure to use dairy-free chocolate if keeping totally Paleo.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|