Passion Fruit Cheesecake with a Cocoa Crust
Creamy vanilla cheesecake with a chocolate sandwich cookie crust and a zingy passion fruit gelée topping
Make This Recipe
24 Sandwich Cookies
¼ tsp Salt
5 Tbsp. Melted Butter
3 lbs. Cream Cheese
1 cup Sour Cream
1 cup Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
1 Eggland's Best Egg, Yolk
2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
Passion Fruit Gelee
1 cup Passion Fruit Juice
1 Passionfruit, Pulp & Seeds
1 tsp Lime Juice
1 ½ tsp Gelatin Powder
2 Tbsp. Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9” springform pan with non-stick baking spray.
- Make the cocoa crust first. In a food processor, combine chocolate sandwich cookies and salt. Pulse until fine crumbles and add in melted butter. Pulse again a couple times until thoroughly combined and mixture is wet.
- Pour contents into springform pan. Press crust down and up the sides about 1 inch.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 250 degrees F.
- Make the cheesecake filling next. Combine sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine room temperature cream cheese and sugar/cornstarch mixture. Mix together, scrap down sides, and add in sour cream, then vanilla, then eggs, one at a time. Add yolk last. Scrape down sides as needed.
- Pour cheesecake filling into baked crust, then return to the oven and bake for 50 minutes, or until the center appears set and not liquid.
- Cool cheesecake in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Then make the passion fruit gelee last.
- Place ½ cup passion fruit juice in a small sauce pot with sugar. Place the remaining ½ cup passion fruit juice in a small bowl with lime juice.
- Sprinkle gelatin powder over passion fruit juice in the bowl and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat the saucepot on medium-high heat, just enough to dissolve the sugar. Pour the hot juice into the bowl with the remaining passion fruit juice and mix together. Add the pulp and seeds of the fresh passion fruit to the mixture, then pour over the top of the cooled cheesecake.
- Return cheesecake to the refrigerator and let it set up completely overnight.
- To serve, remove the sides of the springform pan, and cut into wedges.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More