PB&J Protein Crepe with Sugar-free Raspberry Jam Filling
A sweet, yummy and delicious breakfast!
Make This Recipe
3 large Eggland’s Best eggs
3/4 cup 2% cottage cheese
2/3 cup water
6 tablespoons peanut butter powder
1/2 cup gluten-free flour blend
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
15 drops liquid stevia (optional)
1/2 cup no-added-sugar raspberry jam
6 ounces fresh raspberries
Optional garnishes, such as: yogurt and extra berries
In blender, add eggs, cottage cheese and water, pulse for 30 seconds to combine.
- Add protein powder, flour, baking soda and stevia (if desired) to egg mixture and continue to blend for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth. Consistency should be that of runny pancake batter. If too thick, blend in additional water one tablespoon at a time.
- Heat 10-inch crepe pan or non-stick skillet to medium heat.
- Pour approximately 3 tablespoons to 1/2 cup of batter into hot skillet and quickly but gently rotate pan slightly from handle to widen the circle of batter. Batter should thinly coat the entire bottom of skillet. Set skillet down on the burner and cook until bubbles forming and batter looks set, about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- Remove skillet from burner and let sit for 30 seconds to “cook” from heat of pan. This step lessens the chance of the crepe burning or becoming too crisp and inflexible. Use large spatula to flip crepe over and cook on other side for about 30 seconds.
- Remove from pan to plate to cool and repeat with remaining batter.
- In microwave-safe bowl, heat jam on high for about 20 to 30 seconds. Dump in raspberries (reserving a few for garnish, if desired), and smash coarsely with a fork. Stir until combined.
- Open crepe and spread about 1 tablespoon of filling across crepe; roll up. Repeat for remaining crepes.
- Top with any extra garnishes such as whipped creme, yogurt, extra berries, etc.
- Crepes may be eaten cold, warm or cooled completely and frozen for use later.
- Makes 5 servings of 3 crepes each.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||3 crepes|