Persian Egg Salad (Salad Olivieh)
A Persian deli salad that combines chicken, EB eggs and potato salad into one! It is a perfect breakfast or lunch. It can be wrapped in bibb lettuce cups, enjoyed over a bed of greens, or placed atop a crusty sourdough bread.
Make This Recipe
3 medium yellow potatoes
2 cups of shredded rotisserie chicken
1 lbs. bag of frozen peas and carrots, thawed in the fridge overnight
1 cup of Cornichons (gherkins), measure whole and then finely chop
3/4 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
½ cup pickle juice
¼ tsp salt
Pepper to taste
Chopped dill and parsley
Bibb lettuce cups for serving
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Put the pot on the stove on high heat and bring the water to a boil with the lid on. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium. Continue to boil the potatoes until fork tender (takes ~20 minutes depending on size of the potatoes).
- While the potatoes boil, get started on the rest of the ingredients. Cut the Eggland’s Best Hard-Cooked Peeled eggs in half. Place the yolks in a smaller bowl and chop the whites separately. Add the whites to a large bowl (that will fit the entire end product).
- Add the shredded chicken and pickles to the bowl with the egg whites.
- Once the potatoes cool for a few minutes, mash them in with the egg yolks. Add in Greek yogurt, pickle juice, salt and pepper. Combine well so that everything comes together.
- Add the potato and egg yolk mixture to the larger bowl with chicken and egg whites. Mix well. Option to toss with dill and parsley for extra flavor.
- Serve in bibb lettuce cups, over salad or bread and enjoy!
Recipe Notes: You can make your own shredded chicken by boiling chicken breasts and then using two forks to shred instead of using rotisserie chicken.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More