A classic recipe for your Hanukkah celebration!
Make This Recipe
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled & shredded
- 1 tablespoon grated shallot
- 2 tablespoons flour or matzo meal
- 3 large, Eggland's Best eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup canola oil for frying
- Beat 3 Eggland's Best eggs together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Using a food processor, or a large box grater, shred potatoes in a large sieve or colander lined with cheesecloth or a clean kitchen towel.
- Set sieve or colander in a large mixing bowl. When potatoes are grated, twist cloth and squeeze moisture out completely.
- Skim off liquid, leaving whatever potato starch remains in the bowl.
- Add eggs, flour, salt, garlic powder to the potato starch. Blend and add the shredded potatoes to the bowl.
- Mix to combine and coat all of the shredded potatoes with the egg mixture.
- In a large heavy-bottomed skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat until hot. Place heaping tablespoons of potato mixture into the oil and press down to form 1/4-inch patties. When bottom side is lightly browned, flip over using a heat-proof spatula and cook until golden brown. Place on a plate lined with a paper towel to drain excess oil. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Serve with applesauce or sour cream.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 Pancake|
|Fat||9g (56% calories from fat)|