Potato Scotch Eggs
A potato scotch egg is typically a hard-boiled egg wrapped in mashed potato and spice mixture, either air-fried or deep fried. It makes a perfect picnic food or party appetizers, well a crowd pleasing too.
Make This Recipe
4 medium potatoes
6 Eggland’s Best eggs, large
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup panko breadcrumbs
3 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
2 tablespoon yellow mustard
1 teaspoon Italian herbs
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
3 teaspoons salt (divided)
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to boil, add 4 medium potatoes with a teaspoon of salt. Cook until it is soft for about 25 minutes. Remove from heat, transfer to a plate, and let it cool and peel the potatoes.
- In the same saucepan, bring water to boil, add 6 Eggland’s Best eggs with a teaspoon of salt and reduce the heat to medium-high. Cook for 8 minutes, remove from heat and rinse with cold water. Later shell the eggs and keep aside.
- In a large bowl, add the peeled potatoes, mash it until smooth. Add all the other ingredients such as all-purpose flour, cilantro, yellow mustard, Italian herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix it until well combined.
- In a small bowl or plate, add panko breadcrumbs.
- Take half cup measure of potato mixture in your palm, flatten it and place one shelled egg in the middle. Then cover the egg with the potato mixture, so that it has a thick covering. Repeat the process with the remaining eggs. Coat the prepared egg potato balls with panko bread crumbs and place in the air-fryer basket leaving a one-inch gap between each.
- Air-fry at 400*F for about 10 minutes, flipping through halfway until golden brown. Serve hot immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
Recipe Note: This recipe can also be pan-fried or deep-fried for more crispiness.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More