Our low-fat pumpkin bread recipe is the perfect dessert! Get creative, and add your favorite nuts to the recipe, or serve a la mode with vanilla ice cream.
Make This Recipe
- 4 Eggland's Best eggs, large
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup lowfat buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 can (15 oz) pure pumpkin
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F; Spray 2 9X5 loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together all of the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In another large bowl, using a hand mixer, or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix eggs, buttermilk, vegetable oil, pumpkin, water and vanilla extract together until well blended.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture, blending well after each addition. If you are using nuts, stir in after all ingredients are combined.
- Pour evenly into loaf pans and bake 50-60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the middle of the pans comes out clean.
- Serve with whipped cream, or powdered sugar and enjoy.
Notes and Suggestions
One of the loaves can easily be frozen to enjoy later on in the season, or as a delicious, quick dessert for impromptu guests. After cooling completely, remove from pan and wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Bread can be stored in the freezer up to one month.
This recipe can make up to 5 small loaves using a 5X3X2 size pan. Follow recipe as directed, but reduce cooking time to 25-30 minutes.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 Serving|
|Fat||3g (14% calories from fat)|