Pumpkin Spice Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Tender, pumpkin spice cookies, topped with a mound of the most decadent cinnamon cream cheese frosting. Perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas! Pro tip: Make a double batch!
Make This Recipe
¾ cup butter, softened (I used salted)
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 Eggland’s Best egg yolks, at room temperature
2 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup canned pumpkin puree
1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Butter, slightly softened (I used salted)
8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
3 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1 heaping teaspoon Cinnamon
1 pound Powdered Sugar (or 4 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Start by drying your pumpkin. (This step is not optional. The cookies will not bake properly if you skip this step.)
- Spread the canned pumpkin on a plate and lightly press with a paper towel to absorb the excess liquid. Repeat the step at least 4x.
- The pumpkin should be dry enough that it goes from being ½ cup dried down to just about a ¼ cup. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream the softened butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add in the Eggland’s Best egg yolks & vanilla & mix until pale and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the pumpkin & stir to combine.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Roll 2 Tbsp dough into balls.
- Place the cookie dough balls at least 2 inches apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 12-14 min. When the cookies are done baking the centers will be puffy. As they cool the centers will fall and the cookie will get "wrinkly".
- Meanwhile, make your frosting. Mix the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla together on medium speed about 2 min.
- Add the powdered sugar (one cup at a time) and the cinnamon to the bowl. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet completely before frosting.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More