Growing up as a Croatian American, every Sunday morning for as long as I could remember, my mother would make Ruska Salata for my family. She would make it and immediately refrigerate it. When we came home from church, she would serve it to us for brunch before preparing her big Sunday dinners. It was always hearty and delicious, served with loafs of fresh Italian bread. My oldest daughter was born in 1992, and I still try to make this dish every Sunday only using the best possible eggs, Eggland's Best!
Make This Recipe
2 pounds potatoes quartered and boiled
1/2 cup diced white onion
1/4 cup sour dill pickle finely chopped
1 cup peas cooked frozen or canned
1 cup of ham, chicken or corn beef diced
2 carrots chopped
1 cup of mayonnaise
Salt & Pepper to taste
paprika & fresh or dried dill weed for garnish
- Peel and boil potatoes, cooking until tender. Add 2 peeled carrots halfway through the potato cooking process.
- In a separate pot, boil Eggland’s Best eggs until they are cooked through. Allow the potatoes, EB eggs, and carrots to cool before dicing into bite-sized pieces and placing in a bowl.
- Add finely chopped onions and a chopped dill pickle. Add green peas and mayonnaise. Add diced meat. Stir all together in a large bowl until well blended.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Garnish with paprika & dill weed.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More