Skillet Chickpeas and Broccoli Rice
Broccoli Rice makes this meal unique and delicious!
Make This Recipe
- 3 large, Eggland's Best eggs
- 12 oz broccoli florets
- 2 15.5oz can chickpeas
- 1 large clove garlic or 2 small cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup greens of choice (I used kale/spinach!)
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add broccoli florets to a food processor and pulse until it resembles rice.
- Heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add greens, broccoli, chickpeas, and tomato paste. Stir to combine.
- Add in garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and remaining olive oil. Stir to combine.
- Cook for about ten minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Break three Eggland’s Best eggs over mixture. Do so carefully so that the yolk stays intact to the membrane.
- Place skillet in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove and garnish with fresh herbs of choice - I used cilantro.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||10 g|