Spam & Egg Musubi
Hawaiian rice, spam musubi snack for Valentine's day, or any day really. They are tasty and easy to make!
Make This Recipe
4 Eggland’s Best eggs, large
1 Spam can, cut into 8
1 cup Japanese sushi rice
2 sheets Nori/seaweed sheets, cut into 8 strips and some hearts for V-day decoration
Furikake rice seasoning
musubi mold or line spam can with plastic wrap
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp water mix well
- Cook rice per package instruction
- In a skillet, cook spam pieces until slightly brown, add soy sauce mixture and cook on medium until sauce is reduced with occasional flipping
- Beat eggs and fry into desired thickness.
- Cut egg into spam shape
- Add cooked rice into mold and press firmly.
- Sprinkle Furikake on top and remove mold
- Place egg, spam, and wrap with nori sheet with the ends facing the rice side/bottom
- Decorate with heart-shaped Nori
Recipe Notes: You can wrap in plastic wrap and microwave for 30 seconds before serving. Can refrigerate and good for up to 2 days as long as it's sealed.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More