More like a frittata than a tortilla, this Spanish Tortilla is common in Spain and combines potatoes and EB eggs into a delicious brunch food.
Make This Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 425F
- While the oven preheats, use a mandolin to thinly slice potatoes. Lay potatoes on a baking sheet and toss with 2 Tbsp. of olive oil until they are coated evenly. Spread the potatoes out and place in the oven to roast. After about 20 minutes, flip the potatoes and allow them to continue cooking until browned on both sides (~extra 5-10 minutes).
- While the potatoes are cooking, beat the 6 EB eggs and salt in a large bowl. Once the potatoes are done, let cool for a few minutes. Then add the slightly cooled potatoes to the egg mixture and toss together.
- Place the rest of the olive oil (2 Tbsp.) in a cast iron skillet (or any pan that is oven safe) and turn the stove on medium. Add in the egg mixture and cover it with a lid. Let it cook for ~5 minutes or until the edges of the frittata start to pull away from the sides of the skillet.
- Next, remove the lid and place the skillet in the oven (already set to 425F). Let it bake for another 5-10 minutes or until the top is brown.
- Enjoy immediately or place in the fridge to serve cold later. Top with some scallions or Greek yogurt for extra flavor.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More