Spicy Kimchi Pork Belly Fried Rice
For a vegetarian meal, don't add the pork belly!
Make This Recipe
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 - 9 oz skinless pork belly (1¼ - 1½ cups), cut into ¼" x ¼"
- 1 - 1½ cups tightly packed chopped kimchi
- 1 tablespoon kimchi juice
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 3 cups cooked rice (short grain Korean or Japanese rice) or 1 cup uncooked
- 1 - 2 tablespoons gochujang (Korean red chili paste)
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 Eggland's Best eggs (large), sunny side up
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Nori Flakes (Roasted Seaweed)
- White sesame seeds
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
Over medium high heat, heat the oil in a wok or a large pan.
Once almost smoking, add the onions and fry until translucent. Add the garlic and fry until they soften.
Push the onions and garlic aside and sear the pork on all sides. Once the pork is almost cooked, turn the heat to high.
Add the kimchi, kimchi juice and soy sauce. Stir to combine. The pork will start to absorb the flavor.
Once the pork is cooked through, add the rice, chili paste and sugar. Fry to combine.
Meanwhile, cook the rice according to packaging. I used sticky short grain rice. This fried rice (unlike other fried rice) is meant to be on the moist side. Taste and add salt according to your preference.
Swirl in the sesame oil and give it one last stir.
Garnish and serve with delicious runny yolk sunny side eggs!
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|