Strawberry Crème Brûlée
This fresh and festive strawberry crème brûlée recipe is a showstopper. With only a handful of simple ingredients and a bit of patience, you'll have a velvety smooth custard with a crackly, caramelized sugar shell that's sure to impress.
Make This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Start boiling a kettle of water.
- Add 2 cups of heavy cream and 1/4 cup strawberry milk powder over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until steaming. Remove from heat and stir in 1 tablespoon vanilla extract. Let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Separate 5 egg yolks in a medium bowl. Add 1/2 cup granulated sugar to the egg yolks. Mix gently with a spatula until evenly incorporated.
- Pour warm milk through a sieve into a measuring cup. Slowly stream the warm milk into the egg mixture, mixing gently with a spatula until all of the milk has been added and the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture into a measuring cup, then pour evenly into eight 4oz ramekins. Place filled ramekins in a baking dish. Place the baking dish in the oven. Pour boiling water from the kettle into the baking dish until the water is about halfway up the side of the ramekins.
- Bake for 35 minutes until the crème brûlées are set and have a slight wobble when moved. Remove the pan from the oven, then use tongs to move ramekins to a cooling rack.
- Cool to room temperature for 1 hour. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Remove ramekins from the fridge, sprinkle each crème brûlée with a bit of sugar. Use a kitchen torch, gently melt the sugar on top of each crème brûlée until crispy and browned. Top with sliced strawberries and freeze-dried strawberry powder.
Recipe Notes: No kitchen torch? Be sure to cool your custards completely and use a thin, even layer of sugar on top, then broil in the oven - watch closely. Can be made ahead - Once crème brûlées are cooked, they can be kept covered in the refrigerator for 1-3 days before brûléeing and serving. Just be sure to cool completely before refrigerating. Perfect for Easter or Mother's Day.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More