Summer Corn Cakes
Serve these corn cakes as a side or appetizer at your next backyard barbecue.
Make This Recipe
- 1 cup of fresh corn, cut off the cob (about 2 ears of corn)
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs (large)
- ½ cup buttermilk or whole fat plain yogurt
- ¼ cup basil, cut with chiffonade method
- ¼ cup oil, for cooking cakes
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- Juice of ½ of a lime
- Salt to taste
- Crumbled queso fresco cheese
- Chiffonade of fresh basil or micro basil
- Avocado, diced
In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients, corn through basil.
Over medium-high heat, heat up 1 tablespoon of oil or enough to cover the bottom of the pan.
Once oil is hot, place ¼-⅓ cup scoops of batter in the pan and flatten slightly. Cook about 2 minutes per side.
Meanwhile, stir together yogurt ingredients.
Serve cakes with queso fresco, fresh basil, avocado, and yogurt.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Serving Size||1 (2 corn cakes)|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|