Tex-Mex Egg and Cheese Cauliflower Casserole
This delicious cauliflower casserole is packed with nutrient-rich veggies, protein from organic eggs, cheesy goodness and loads of spicy Tex-Mex flavors. It’s an easy meal prep idea for breakfast, brunch, or light dinner. Best of all, it’s gluten free, low carb/keto, and kid-friendly, too.
Make This Recipe
4 to 5 large Eggland’s Best Organic Eggs
1/2 cup Eggland's Best 100% Liquid Egg Whites (or 6 –7 whole eggs, whisked)
4–5 cups riced cauliflower (1 large head)
1/2 tsp taco seasoning or Mexican spices
1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced into strips (see notes for alternatives)
2/3 to 3/4 cup enchilada sauce or hot sauce
8 oz shredded Mexican blend or cheddar cheese, plus extra to grate on top.
Kosher salt/pepper to taste
1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400° F and oil a 12×8 casserole dish/meal prep container. If meal prepping without baking, skip preheating.
- Rice your cauliflower or use ready-to-use cauliflower rice. Toss with Mexican spices or taco seasoning then spoon into an even layer on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Next press (with a paper towel) any extra water from the zucchini strips. Layer the zucchini strips on top.
- Whisk your eggs, egg whites, and hot sauce or enchilada sauce together. Pour on top of the zucchini. If you end up needing more liquid to cover the dish, whisk together one extra egg and 1/4 to 1/3 c milk of choice. Pour over casserole
- Layer your shredded cheese on top of the casserole.
- Bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Check progress at 20 minutes. If the edges are starting to brown quicker than the middle is cooking, then cover with foil and continue cooking until evenly cooked. Broil last minute for extra crispy cheese!
- Seasoning with salt/pepper, hot sauce, and/or cilantro before serving. Extra cheese is optional.
Meal Prep/Make Ahead Tips: For meal prep, allow cooling before freezing. (Keeps well in the freezer for up to 3 months). Alternatively, you can also SKIP BAKING and just store prepped casserole in the fridge, covered, until ready to bake. Store in fridge for up to 5 days.
Dairy-Free Option: Hummus sauce to replace cheese on top – 1 c hummus, 1/4c oil, garlic, and spices or mix-in of choice. Ex – red pepper, taco seasoning, etc. Combine on stove or microwave until melted and mixed.
Feel free to use other vegetables instead of zucchini; yellow squash, eggplant, tomato, etc.
View the Original Recipe Here
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More
|Saturated Fat||9.7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4.3 g|