Very Superstitious Cocktail
This dark, eerie, and surprisingly sweet cocktail is sure to be a hit this Halloween! Eggland's Best Egg Whites add the perfect finishing touch to this cocktail.
Make This Recipe
Black Seasame Syrup:
1 cup black sesame seeds
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp water
zest of half a lime
2 oz vodka
1 oz gin
2 oz crème de mûre/blackberry liqueur
2 oz black sesame syrup (recipe above)
1 oz lime juice
3 Tbsp. Eggland's Best 100% Egg Whites
1 tsp black lustre dust
1 tsp silver lustre dust
Black Sesame Syrup:
- Toast the black sesame seeds in a saucepan over medium heat, for about 2 minutes, continually stir to ensure they do not burn. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Blend/pulverize the seeds until they turn into a powder, set aside.
- Combine sugar, water and lime zest in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Continually stir the mixture until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the black sesame seed powder and bring to a boil. Let bubble for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool completely.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve.
- Stir in the vodka.
- Put all the cocktail ingredients in a shaker. Shake vigorously for 60 seconds.
- Add 3 ice cubes, and shake again for 30 seconds.
- Strain into cocktail/martini glasses
- Sprinkle some black lustre dust on top.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe Note: Eggland's Best Egg Whites are pasteurized, so they are safe to use right out of the carton in beverages!
**Please drink responsibly. These recipes call for alcohol and are not suitable for those under the legal drinking age.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More