Thank you to everyone who participated in our first ever “Your Best Recipe” Contest. Our team of culinary professionals evaluted each of the thousands of recipes entered, and after tasting & testing, we are pleased to announce our 20 Semi-Finalists!
The Semi-Finalists in the Eggland’s Best “Your Best Recipe” Contest include:
- Laura B.(Derry, NH): Fruit Kugel
- Laura C. (Hoboken, NJ): Salmon Puffs
- Josee L. (New Port Richey, FL): Best Crab Quiche
- Donna P.(Morristown, NJ): Peach-Blueberry Egg Bread Bake With Yogurt & Almond Maple Drizzle
- Dana R. (Northumberland, PA): Asparagus and Mushroom Quiche
- Laura C. (Hoboken, NJ): Caesar Bites
- Devon D. (Westport, CT): Grilled Shrimp and Asparagus Avgolemono
- Aviva G. (Chevy Chase, MD): Israeli Salad with Tahini Lemon Dressing
- Carelys H. (Naperville, IL): Easy Zucchini and Carrot Soufflé Pie
- Evelyn I. (Laurel, MS): Meaty Stuffed French Loaf
Main Course Category:
- Lynda B. (Kentfield, CA): Sausage, Kale and Tomato Ragout with Poached Eggs and Chick Peas
- Suzanne B. (Basking Ridge, NJ): Summer Corn and Zucchini Flans
- Michael B. (Hamden, CT): Korean Bibimbap Salad
- Darlene B. (Peoria, AZ): Southwest Tortilla Brunch Bake
- Melanie T. (Tulsa, OK): Spinach- Artichoke-Crab Frittata
- Nancy A. (Wyckoff, NJ): Cannoli Cream Cheesecake
- Caroline B. (Forest Hills, NY): Chocolate Hazelnut Espresso Cookies
- Jo H. (Newport News, VA): Jessie’s Warm Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce
- Carolyn H. (Loomis, CA): Peanut Brittle Pie
- Rebekah R. (Appleton, WI): Dark Chocolate Espresso Pots De Crème
In the coming weeks, each of the 20 Semi-Finalist recipes will be judged by a panel of culinary and nutrition experts lead by Chef Candice Kumai and Registered Dietitian Elizabeth Ward. Recipes will be judged on taste, presentation & appearance, and creativity.
We are also asking YOU to be part of our judging process. Click here to check out the semi-finalists recipes and vote for your favorite. It’s easy!
Click on your favorite recipe, and enter your email address on the bottom of the page and click “vote”. Then check your email for a confirmation link, and click that link to verify your vote. Your votes will be calculated as 10% of the total score for each recipe. If you don’t see your confirmation link remember to also check your spam folders.
One winner will be selected from each category and will be awarded $1,000. The Grand Prize winner will be selected among those 4 winners for a prize of $10,000.
Winners will be announced on November 12, 2012. Good luck to all of our Semi-Finalists!