All across the United States, Americans were encouraged to show off their hometown pride and submit recipes featuring Eggland’s Best (EB) eggs combined with their favorite local ingredients or dishes for a chance to be named America’s top recipe in the Eggland’s Best 2018 “America’s Best Recipe” Contest! Today, Eggland’s Best has announced the “Best in State” semi-finalist recipes from the Midwest Region.
Eggland’s Best is now calling on all EB fans to help determine which Midwest recipe will be named “Best in Region,” and have the chance to win the $10,000 Grand Prize. From now through August 28, fans can visit the EB website and vote for their favorite Midwest recipe.
“We’re thrilled to reveal the recipes chosen from the Midwest,” said Charlie Lanktree, CEO of Eggland’s Best. “Each semi-finalist masterfully incorporated Eggland’s Best eggs to create a unique state-inspired dish. The results are incredibly creative and delicious.”
From sweet Honey Lavender Cupcakes to savory Pierogi Kielbasa Quiche, “Best in State” recipes from the Midwest include:
- Iowa: Holly H. – Butterscotch Whiskey Trifle
- Illinois: Julie B. – Panko-Crusted Cheese & Sausage Deep-Dish Pizza Cups
- Indiana: Hidemi W. – Coconut Sugar Cream Pudding Pie with Popcorn Cookie Crust
- Kansas: Jannett F. – Pear Cake
- Michigan: Brier N. – Michigan Cherry Apple Fresh Eggnog Scones with Michigan Cherry Apple Bacon Jam
- Minnesota: Crystal S. – Swedish Pancake Stack Cake with Maple Smoked Almond Yogurt & Northwoods Blueberry Filling
- North Dakota: Noelle M. – Korean Inspired Breakfast Fries
- Nebraska: Rochelle B. – Honey Lavender Cupcakes
- Ohio: Jessica R. – Pierogi Kielbasa Quiche
- Wisconsin: Barbara E. – Maple Syrup N’ Mixed Nut Pie with Maple Cream
- South Dakota: Linda R. – Wild Raspberry Kuchen
Once the “Best in Region” Finalists’ recipes are announced, fans will once again be asked to take part in some friendly competition and vote for the recipe they believe should be the Grand Prize Winner and earn the title of “America’s Best Recipe.” The Grand Prize winner will be awarded $10,000 and a year’s supply of Eggland’s Best eggs, and “Best in Region” winners will receive $1,000 each. State winners will also receive prizes from Eggland’s Best.
A panel of judges, including actress, host, food lover and mom of two Courtney Lopez, and Registered Dietitian and Nutritionist and winner of the hit primetime ABC television show My Diet Is Better Than Yours,Dawn Jackson Blatner, will help determine the Grand Prize Winner.
“I’m excited to draw cooking and baking inspiration from some of these Midwest recipes,” said Lopez. “My family loves Eggland’s Best eggs, and I’m eager to taste these delicious recipes since EB eggs are the only eggs I use to add freshness, great taste and nutrition to my meals.”
Compared to ordinary eggs, EB eggs contain six times more vitamin D, 25% less saturated fat, more than double the Omega-3s, ten times more vitamin E and more than double the vitamin B12. EB eggs are also an excellent source of vitamin B2 (riboflavin) and vitamin B5. EB’s superior nutritional profile is due to its proprietary all-vegetarian hen feed that contains healthy grains, canola oil and a wholesome supplement of rice bran, alfalfa, sea kelp and Vitamin E.
Cast your vote! Visit www.americasbestrecipe.comfor the Official Rules and to vote for your favorite regional recipes.