Bacon and Egg Potato Salad
Elevate your potato salad game with the smoky flavor of bacon, the savory goodness of hard-boiled eggs, aromatic green onion and vibrant red potatoes, all tossed in a zesty dressing that perfectly balances tanginess and creaminess in this Bacon and Egg Potato Salad recipe.
Make This Recipe
2 pounds red potatoes, diced
4 Eggland's Best Large Eggs, hard-boiled then diced
½ - 1 cup bacon (5- 6 slices) chopped
1 cup green onion, chopped
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup sour cream
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon milk
salt and pepper to taste, if desired
- Wash the red potatoes and dice them into bite size pieces. Put them in large pot, cover with water and cook until tender. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of the potato chunks. Potatoes are done when you can easily pierce them with a fork. Drain the water and set the potatoes aside to cool.
- Place eggs in a small pot, cover with water and bring to a boil for about 8 minutes. Once done, place the eggs in an ice bath. When cool, peel and dice the eggs into bite size pieces.
- Cook the bacon either in a skillet on the stove or on a foil lined tray in the oven. Once cooked, transfer the bacon to a sheet of paper towel to absorb the excess fat. When cooled, chop into small pieces.
FOR THE DRESSING
- While the main ingredients are cooking, make the dressing by combining the mayo, sour cream, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, and milk in a bowl. Whisk until ingredients are completely combined. Place in fridge until ready to use.
- Once all of the ingredients are ready, simply combine the potatoes, eggs, green onion, and bacon in a large bowl. Carefully stir in the dressing until everything is thoroughly coated.
- Season with salt and black pepper if desired.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours before serving. until ready to serve.
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More